Please look around and continue visiting my blog so that I can keep you up to date about everything having to do with my serving in Tanzania ! Feel free to email me with questions and please keep me in your prayers!
Matthew Sroka

Monday, August 23, 2010

TwO wEeKs


The two week countdown has offically started! Matt and I fly out from BWI at 9:05 pm on Monday, September 6th! We have a layover in London where we meet up with several others joining the VSI team. We then continue on to Dar es Saalam, the capital of Tanzania. From there we load on to a bus for a LONG ride to the village of Mafinga, where we will be training for two weeks. During our training period, Matt and I will each live with a different student and begin to learn and love the African culture! After our two weeks of culture immersion, we will be assigned to the village we will be living and teaching in for the next year!

Matt and I are getting excited as the whole experience becomes more and more real! We have two requests from you all!

1) Pray for the next two weeks-packing, moving, packing, organzing, packing, visiting friends and family, and more packing.

2) Please please please let us know if you have or know someone that might have school supplies or anything on our "schools supplies" page.

No comments: